Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stamping on Acrylic

This week's technique is one I love to use often. Stamping on acrylic! It's pretty much that straight forward but the type of ink you use will make all the difference. In order to stamp onto acrylic (or any other glossy surface) you will have to use Stazon Inks. They come in a variety of colors and can be found at most scrapbooking stores and at Michael's. You will need to allow a bit of time for the ink to dry but it does dry, which separates it from other inks that simply smear off.

Supplies Needed:
Stazon Ink
Acrylic (can be purchased at most scrap stores)
Various Stamps
For the above hanging ornament I stamped my images into the acrylic, let dry and then I cut them out of the acrylic. I punched holes, added crystals (from Heidi Swapp), attached each piece with jump rings then added tulle to hang the ornament with.
For this card I stamped the image, cut it out, mounted it onto burgundy paper and added it to the card.
I added the same image to the cover of my book using the same method as the above card, using the background paper as the backing instead of mounting it onto a separate piece of paper.
With Stazon Inks you can also stamp onto glass. I added ink to this reindeer stamp and stamped the image around my glass ornament. I did not mount this stamp to an acrylic block as I needed it to be flexible as I moved around the ornament.
I like this technique because it can be done with anything glossy, if you have the stamps then those images can be used. So many possibilities.
Enjoy & have fun!
{xo}

No comments:

Post a Comment