Friday, May 21, 2010

Accordion Ribbon

I love this technique when I'm adding ribbon to a layout or a card. It is super easy and looks fabulous when finished. You'll need a liquid adhesive to do this, glue dots are just not sticky enough for this technique.
Adhere your ribbon in place and then add a dot of glue where you want your first fold to sit. Fold back or accordion your ribbon and adhere in place. Add a dot of glue to your background to hold down the ribbon and then repeat the process of adding your accordion folds until complete.

Once you're finished your folds, adhere the end bit down with another dot of glue. You do not need a lot of glue, too much glue will soak through your ribbon leaving a mark.

Here is my finished card, I added a flower to the end of my ribbon but it could be left as it.

Here are a couple layouts I created using this technique with my ribbon.
For the ribbon on the next layout I chose to staple my accordion folds in place rather than gluing them down. I did this becks the mesh would have shown the adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment